Terms and Conditions
Ok. Here's the "Fine Print"
Take the time to read this important information about the program and your award.
- Your award is valid for travel through December 31st, 2018 for 17 awards and December 31st, 2019 for 18 awards and no extensions can be granted. Your reservation cannot include New Year’s Eve. Otherwise, there are no black-out dates, but availability over holiday weekends and during special events can be limited (Super Bowl in Phoenix or Mardi Gras in New Orleans, by example).
- All reservations made are FINAL and cannot be changed or canceled without losing your award, your deposit and any upgrade fees you may have paid for a Hotel Upgrade or extra nights.
- All reservations are made in the name of the Primary Account Holder. This is the the person whose name the CitySampler award is registered. This Account Holder must be one of the travelers on the trip. If the Primary Account Holder s not planning to travel on the award, they must transfer the award to another adult age 21 and over who will be on the trip and paying the Reservations Deposit.
- Only 1 reservation can be made per award, regardless of the length of your stay. You could not use your 3-night award to book a 2-night reservation in one city and a 1-night reservation in another. All nights booked on your award must be contiguous.
- All rooms booked on this award are considered in the category of “run-of-house”, which means the hotel is free to assign any room on their property that meets the requirement for the number of people on your original reservation. Every effort will be made to honor the exact room type on your confirmation, but this is not guaranteed. And there is no guarantee of specific room floors, views or other room options that may appear on a hotel’s website.
- Prior to completing your reservation, we must collect your Refundable Reservations Deposit of $149 on a major credit card. It will be refunded to you by check by the 10th day of the month following your check-out month, assuming you arrived on your reservation. IMPORTANT: If you don’t arrive at your hotel on the scheduled day of arrival, the hotel considers you a “No-Show” and has the right to cancel your entire reservation. Please contact the hotel before 4pm on the scheduled day of arrival and notify them of any change in your plans, then call the CitySampler Reservations Department (1-800-790-8520) and advise us of your situation. Leave an after-hours message if your call is after 6pm Eastern time.
- IMPORTANT: If you don’t arrive at your hotel on the scheduled day of arrival, the hotel considers you a “No-Show” and has the right to cancel your entire reservation. Please contact the hotel before 4pm on the scheduled day of arrival and notify them of your plans, then call the CitySampler Reservations Department and advise us of your situation. If after normal hours, please leave a message.
- The Base Award and the Upgrade Award entitle you to 3 nights’ accommodations for up to 2 adults and 2 kids under age 18. The number of adults & children in your party CAN NOT be increased after your reservation has been made. If we make your reservation for 2 adults, you cannot add additional travelers of any age to the reservation without the possibility of a surcharge or a change in hotel. The Upgrade PLUS Award is valid for 2 adults only.
- IMPORTANT! The number of adults shown on your confirmation is the MAXIMUM number that will be entitled to occupy the room you are booking. If you arrive with more adults in your party than your confirmation reflects, you may be turned away or charged an additional cost by the hotel.
- You award will cover all room costs and occupancy taxes. It does not include incidental expenses such as phone calls, parking fees, meals, internet service, in-room movies or miscellaneous charges billed to your room for personal services. Some hotels charge a mandatory Amenities or Resort Fee that often covers things like internet service, newspapers and health club access. You will have to pay these fees directly to the hotel, and every effort will be made to disclose these fees during your search, prior to booking, and on your confirmation. Note that nearly every hotel in Las Vegas charges a resort fee that ranges between $12 and $28 dollars per day.
- In major cities like New York, Chicago, Nashville and others, Base Level hotels are often located in areas adjacent to the city center. In New York, for example, your hotel choices will be in the Greenwich Village, SoHo, Chelsea and Tribeca areas of Manhattan.
- There is a small list of cities that are not eligible for travel using your CitySampler award. These cities are listed on the CitySampler website under “Excluded Destinations.”
- All travel on this award must be booked through the CitySampler.com website or through our Reservations Department. This allows us to issue you a pre-paid voucher for your stay and make sure your trip is covered by liability insurance. We cannot book your trip directly with any hotel. If you book a hotel directly, you may be liable for all costs incurred including room and taxes.
- You can transfer your CitySampler award to anyone age 21 and over, as long as you do so by December 1st. You cannot transfer your award to another traveler once your reservation has been made. We are not allowed to change the name of any traveler on an existing reservation.
- No reservations are allowed for any dates less than 7 days from arrival. Availability and choices will be significantly limited for any requests made within 21 days of arrival.
- By registering your certificate or submitting a Reservation Request, you agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of the certificate as contained herein. The terms of this offer cannot be altered or amended without the express written consent of United Marketing Services of MN, LLC.
- All cities included on this certificate are subject to change. Additional destinations may become available. Reservations are filled on a first come, first served, space available basis.
- The name of the party issuing this certificate is United Marketing Services of MN, LLC. If United Marketing Services of MN, LLC should fail or be delayed in the performance of any obligation hereunder, including, but not limited to providing accommodations, due to causes beyond the control of and without the fault or negligence of United Marketing Services of MN, LLC, then United Marketing Services of MN, LLC shall be excused from further performance upon written notice to you stating the reason for such nonperformance. Such causes may include, but are not limited to, acts of God or public enemy, fire, strikes, lockout or other labor unrest, riot, explosion, civil disobedience, declared or undeclared war, revolution, insurrection, boycotts, acts of piracy, acts of terrorism, acts of public authorities, blockade, embargo, accident, epidemic or quarantine, and delay or defaults caused by public or common carriers.
- With the redemption of this certificate, you agree to release and hold United Marketing Services of MN, LLC and its affiliated companies and their respective successors and assigns harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and acts of any kind from acceptance, possession or use of the certificate, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, or property damage.
- There is no compensation, points or cash, for any unused portion of any award at any level.
- This certificate cannot be sold or exchanged for cash. This certificate is void where prohibited by law.